Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's Official

One of my teammates will be leaving our school. We found out today that her last day will be Friday and she will be splitting her kids up between the 3 of us. I will have 9 new kids after the 3-day weekend. I'm so super bummed that she's leaving. She is an amazing teacher and teammate. She is going to a school in desperate need, they have 2 teachers with 37 kids apiece, and she will really help them raise their scores. I will GREATLY miss her. Fortunately, our schools are going to be working together a lot this year, so I will still get to see her often and work with her. I told her to remember that she has an extended team this year and we will still share resources and ideas. I'm so sad to see her go, but I know it's a great opportunity for her to really shine as a teacher, her new school needs leaders. I broke down in front of my entire staff when our principal announced it. I felt like all of my bones became jello and I dropped pens that I'd been holding. Then of course she started crying and then we found ourselves hugging in the middle of the library with the rest of the staff looking at us in pity. But who cares, I'm truly heartbroken that it had to happen this way. I know that she is attached to her kids and they love her. It will be a big transition for everyone involved. I just hope that the kids can adjust quickly to my room and my current students. It's definitely going to be a huge challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment