Thursday, September 1, 2011

Actual Kid Comments 2

First some background info...

We start our weekly reading lessons on Thursdays and test on Wednesdays, because they are our early release day. So, today we started our 3rd reading lesson, this occured while going over our new spelling list.

We come to the word flaw and of course the kids want to know what it means. I explain that a flaw is something that makes you imperfect. I proceed to explain that my spine is curved making my hips uneven. I state that it is a flaw and thus something that "makes me not perfect." A little girl calls out, "but you're perfect at being a teacher!" So sweet. Definitely made me smile.

Then we come to the word brown and I say "ya know, like my hair, but who knows maybe next week it will be red." The kids then ask what my natural color is and of course I say blonde, but I dyed it brown. A little one says, "so you tanned your hair?" I thought it was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment